Everyday News Update

Johnny Manziel’s football Plan B faces complications – New York Post

Johnny Manziel is pondering a future without pads.

During an appearance Saturday at the International Football Betting Conference in Costa Rica, the former Browns quarterback revealed his distant plan to shape young players from the sidelines if he cannot resurrect his NFL career.

“I’d do something involved with sports,” Manziel said, per Larry Brown Sports. “I can’t get away from it. I’ve had to ask myself that a little bit as of late over the past year, but at the same time I’d want to be involved in sports in some way, whether it’s coaching or something else.”

Though Manziel said he would prefer to coach at the college level, the 24-year-old’s latest soul-searching remarks are similar to ones made at last month’s National Fantasy Football Convention.

“I know the situation that I put myself in. I know the year I took off and obviously the mistakes I made. Right now, I’m hopeful. I’m really hopeful,” Manziel said, via SportsDay. “I think I made some progress in that regard. But we’ll see. Whenever I get a call, I’ll do whatever I can to make the most of it.”

Manziel’s two-year stint in the NFL was highly overshadowed by allegations of domestic violence, a rumored disappearance in Las Vegas and worries about boozing and partying.

That makes one wonder if a college team — or any team — would want to entrust the future of young players in his hands.

Despite broken pledges to clean up his act, Manziel’s epiphany came in January in the form of a Twitter rant.

“No lie … I was a douche in 2016 I’m just trying to be a good PERSON,” Manziel tweeted.

“Haven’t been this happy in a long time man. I appreciate all the people in my life who reached out during the truly rough patches in ’16,” he continued.

Manziel’s personal and professional lives appear to be on the upswing. As he continues working with quarterbacks coach George Whitfield Jr., the 2014 first-round draft pick is also happily engaged to model Bre Tiesi.

“It’s hard sitting here going through OTA time and going through summer time and then getting ready to go through fall camp and not being a part of it,” Manziel said. “But at the same time, I’m really optimistic and hopeful that I’ll get another chance.”

Following the Dolphins’ latest acquisition, coaxing Jay Cutler out of retirement with a one-year, $10 million deal, the market for Manziel doesn’t appear existent.

Leave a Reply

Featured Links

    Search Archive

    Search by Date
    Search by Category
    Search with Google

    Photo Gallery

    @2012 Designed By Quick News Update